Degussa Goldhandel GmbH, a well known gold bar, bullion coin and numismatic trading company in Germany, is the new Custodian of the Industry Collection.
The Collection, acquired by Degussa in September 2013, will be exhibited in a new museum being planned in Germany.
The company’s Numismatic Division will curate the Collection, replacing Grendon International Research Pty Ltd, which acted as the Curator from 1993 until 2013.
Click here for press release
This section provides information on The Industry Collection of Gold Bars Worldwide over the period, 1993-2013.
N.M. Rothschild & Sons
The Perth Mint, Australia
Grendon International Research
Pty Ltd, Australia
SUPPLEMENTS – The Industry Collection of Gold Bars Worldwide
An Introduction to the Industry Collection: 5-minute video
Summary – (PDF 46kb)
- World’s largest collection of gold bars.
- Unique – illustrates gold bars issued since abandonment of the
Gold Standard in 1971.
- World renowned within the gold industry.
- Founded by N.M. Rothschild & Sons (Australia) Limited in 1993.
- The Perth Mint, Australia – Custodian over the period, 2005-2013.
- Supported by World Gold Council during period of establishment.
- Supported by accredited gold refiners from around the world.
- Well documented.
Industry Collection Representation
- List of 145 bar manufacturers and issuers (PDF 51kb)
The Industry Collection is the world’s largest collection of gold bars.
1,084 standard, unusual and historical gold bars from 35 countries.
Nigel and Brigida Desebrock, directors of Grendon International Research Pty Ltd, instigated the Industry Collection, with the support of N.M. Rothschild & Sons (Australia) Limited and the World Gold Council, in 1993.